Reading Practice: The Story of Hanukkah

 

Read the attached article about Hanukkah. Then take a quiz.

 Reading Practice: The Story of Hanukkah


or 

Read a book about Hanukkah, such as:

 


Riddles about Hanukkah:

  1. I'm not a plant, yet I have leaves; I'm filled with ancient stories. Light me up on Hanukkah nights; I'm full of history and glories. What am I?
  2. I spin around but I'm not a wheel, with four sides but I'm not a square. I'm played with during Hanukkah; I'm a game that's fun to share. What am I?
  3. I am not a bakery treat, yet I'm often filled with jelly. I'm a festive Hanukkah food, warm and sweet inside your belly. What am I?
  4. Though I have a body, I have no soul. I can light up a room, but I am not a lamp. What am I?
  5. I am not a spider's creation, yet I have a web. You can find me glowing during Hanukkah, though I'm not a light bulb. What am I?
  6. I am made of gold, but I am not jewelry. I am often given during Hanukkah, yet I am not a present. What am I?
  7. I have eight arms but I'm not an octopus. I shine bright in Jewish homes when Hanukkah is here. What am I?
  8. I am a food that's grated and fried, often served with applesauce. A Hanukkah treat, crispy and hot, what am I without any sauce?

 Answer: