Reading Practice: The Christmas Story

 

Read the attached article. Then take a quiz.

 Reading Practice: The Christmas Story


Riddles about Christmas:

  1. I'm not a bird, but I can fly through the sky. I'm known for my red suit and a jolly big guy. Who am I?
  2. I am a stick that's not for walking, but I can be picked and start "talking." I'm minty and sweet, and red and white. What am I?
  3. I'm green but not a tree, you hang things on me. I'm a part of Christmas traditions, under me, you might get kisses. What am I?
  4. I am white when I fall, but I'm not always cold. Covering the ground, a blanket in winter's fold. What am I?
  5. I have needles but I'm not a porcupine. I stand in your home at Christmas time. What am I?
  6. I'm a type of music heard in December, spreading cheer and making you remember. What am I?
  7. I come in a little box, and I'm hung on a tree. Inside me might be a surprise, but first, you have to find me. What am I?
  8. I'm round and plump, a man made of snow. With a carrot nose and coal in a row. Who am I?
  9. Inside me, the fire is bright. And on my top, a star shines light. What am I?
  10. I'm filled with spices and fruits that are dried, I'm a Christmas dessert, and I'm often spied. What am I?
Answer: