Science Practice: Earthquake

 

Read the attached article about the Earthquakes. Then take a quiz.

Science Practice: Earthquake


Riddles on Earthquakes:

1.     I can dance and I can shake, but I'm not a living thing. I can move the ground beneath you, yet I do not have any feet. What am I?

2.     I am not alive, but I can grow. I don't have lungs, but I need air. I can tear down buildings without touching them. What am I?                                                                                   

3.     I'm part of the Earth but not of the sea, I move and shift constantly. I can be a creator or a destroyer, and under me, the ground you see. What am I?

4.     Though not a bird, I can fly high. Born from the Earth, but reaching for the sky. When I'm angry, the ground will shake. What am I?

5.     I'm not a wave in the ocean, but I can make the sea rise. I come after shaking, and I’m a fearsome surprise. What am I?

6.     I'm invisible and fast, I travel through the ground. I can be small or massive, and with a rumbling sound. What am I?

Answers: